- What information we collect and why we collect it.
- How we use that information.
- The choices we offer, including how to access and update information
This page is used to inform the Moja Platform users regarding our policies with the collection, use, and disclosure of personal data (described below) if anyone decided to use our Services.
If you choose to use the Moja WiFi Platform, then you agree to the collection and use of information in relation with this policy.
INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE TO US
We collect both Personal Data and other Information in connection with our services.
“Personal Data” means data that allows someone to identify or contacting you. For example, your name, telephone number, e-mail address, as well as any other non-public information about you that is associated with or linked to any of the foregoing data.
“Other Information” is any information that is not associated with or linked to your Personal Data such as information about usage of the service that does not identify you personally.
For a better experience while using our Service, we may require you to provide us with certain personally identifiable information, including but not limited to your name, phone number, and social media accounts. The information that we collect will be used to contact or identify you. For example, to access the Moja platform we may require you to sign up . When you do, we’ll ask for personal information, like your name, email address and or telephone number to store with your account.
This is the type of information You may provide to us:
- Account/Log In Information: We may, or one of our partners may, while you log into the Platform collect login information such as your full name, email address, and other information such as your gender and date of birth, in order to be able to save your profile and the documents and comments associated with it.
- User Content: The information that you post to third party applications via the Platform is intended for public consumption, including your reviews, tips, photos, check-ins, comments, likes, Talk posts, bookmarks, friends, lists, compliments, and account profile. We may display this information on the Platform, share it with businesses, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party Platforms and services.
- Communications: When you access the Platform, you may opt in to receive emails from BRCK Services and Content Partners and BRCK itself. You can manage your email preferences, but you cannot opt out of receiving certain administrative or legal notices from BRCK. If you exchange messages with others through the Platform, we may store them in order to process and deliver them, allow you to manage them, and investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with the Platform.
- Platform Activity: We may store information about your use of the Platform, such as your search activity, the pages you view, the date and time of your visit among other information. We also may store information that your computer or mobile device provides to us in connection with your use of the Platform, such as your access dates and times, pages viewed, browser type and language, type of computer or mobile device, IP address, mobile carrier, unique device identifier, phone number, location, and requested and referring URLs.
- Geographic Location Information:When you use our services, we may collect and/or track certain location information that is derived from the preset geographic locations of where our services are available. We may also derive your approximate location from metadata about adjacent mobile networks.
USE OF INFORMATION COLLECTED
We may store the information you submit to or through the Platform, as well as information we collect in connection with your use of the Platform.
The Personal Information that we collect are used for;
- Providing, improving and developing new features on the Platform
We use the information to fulfill your requests, provide the Platform’s functionality, improve the Platform’s quality, personalize your experience, track usage of the Platform, provide feedback to third party partners on the Platform, display relevant advertising, provide customer support, message you, back up our systems and allow for disaster recovery, enhance the security of the Platform, and comply with legal obligations.
- Communicating with youBRCK may contact you, by email or other means. For example, we may send you promotional emails relating to BRCK or other third parties we think you would be interested in, or communicate with you about your use of the Platform. We may also use technology to alert you via an confirmation email when you open an email from us. You can modify your email notification preferences by clicking the appropriate link included in the footer of email notifications.
- Promoting safety and security of our users
BRCK via Your use of the Moja Platform will endeavour to keep all Your and other users of the platform information and activity safe. To accomplish this BRCK may have to share information and activity of users of the platform to relevant authorities on demand and on reasonable and examinable grounds. Upon such request BRCK at its discretion may notify the user.
Other than as has been stated in this policy, BRCK will not share personal information you have provided to us without your consent, unless:
- doing so is appropriate to carry out your own request;
- we believe it’s needed to enforce our Terms of Service, or that is legally required;
- we believe it’s needed to detect, prevent or address fraud, security or technical issues;
- otherwise protect our property, legal rights, or that of others.
SHARING YOUR INFORMATION
We shall not share personally identifiable information such as name or email address that can be used to contact or identify who you are.
We however will Share information, that is anonymized, we have collected from your activities on the platform, to the following entities:
Service Providers: Some of the services that are offered through the Platform, may be provided by third-party providers. We also outsource some of BRCK’s functions to third-party providers, such as technical and customer support, tracking and reporting functions, quality assurance testing, payment processing functions, and other services. We may share information from or about you with these third-party providers so that they can perform their services or complete your requests.
Aggregate Information: We may share user information in the aggregate with third parties, such as advertisers and content distributors. For example, we may disclose the number of users that have been exposed to, or clicked on, advertisements.
Businesses on BRCK: We may share information from or about you) and your use of the Platform (such as which businesses you bookmark or call) with businesses on BRCK.
Investigations: We may investigate and disclose information from or about you if we have a good faith belief that such investigation or disclosure is (a) reasonably necessary to comply with legal process and law enforcement instructions and orders, such as a search warrant, summons, statute, judicial proceeding, or other legal process served on us; (b) helpful to prevent, investigate, or identify possible wrongdoing in connection with the Platform; or (c) protect our rights, reputation, property, or that of our users, affiliates, or the public.
Links: The Platform may contain links to unaffiliated third party web Platforms. Except as set forth herein, we do not share your personal information with them, and are not responsible for their privacy practices. We suggest you read the privacy policies on all such third party web Platforms.
CONTROLLING YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Other users may be able to identify you, or associate you with your account if you include personal information in the content you post publicly. You can reduce the risk of being personally identified by using the Platform pseudonymously, though doing so could detract from the credibility of your contributions to the Platform.
DATA RETENTION AND ACCOUNT TERMINATION
The Platform and its contents are intended for general audiences and persons above the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from minors. If you become aware that a minor has provided us with personal information without parental consent, please contact us. If we become aware that a minor has provided us with personal information without parental consent, we will take steps to remove such information and terminate the minor’s account.
We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. However, no method of transmission over the Internet or via mobile device, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, while we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
This policy and any dispute or claim arising out of, or related to them, shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the Laws of Kenya without giving effect to any choice or conflict of law provision or rule.
Any legal suit, action or proceeding arising out of, or related to, this policy or the Platform shall be instituted exclusively in courts within the Kenyan jurisdiction.
We reserve to independently and without notice to change the provisions of this policy.
Should such changes occur, we will make sure to announce any major change in a prominent way or notify you by email and of course, this document is public on the Platform, and therefore you will be able to see the changes for any new version. Further, your continued use of the Platform following the publishing of updated Terms of Service means that you accept and agree to the changes.
General: [email protected]
Media: [email protected]
Telephone: +254 718 272 887
P.O Box 58275-00200
2nd Floor, Bishop Magua Centre,
George Padmore Lane