UX Research/Content Curator Intern
Are you excited about an opportunity to showcase your skills as a UX research and content curator intern? Are you looking forward to working in an organization that innovates to change lives? Here’s your shot at being a part of something revolutionary!
BRCK is a team of software developers, engineers, and technologists. Our flagship hardware, the BRCK, was designed and prototyped in Nairobi, Kenya. We wanted a connectivity device that fits the infrastructure needs of Africa, where electricity and internet connections are problematic both in urban and rural areas. As we laid out what such a device would look like, we realized that the way the entire world is connecting to the web is changing.
As a UX Research Intern, you will work in close association with the UX lead Researcher who will guide you through your daily work. You will also work with the Lead Content Curator who will help you understand anything you need to know about the content. This position is open for 2 interns.
This role will define content visualisation on the Moja platform, BRCK’s network.
- Assist in providing research study notes and detailed reports on the data collected.
- Assist the UX team on recruiting participants for UX research studies: surveys, lab studies, remote testing, and A-B tests.
- Collaborate closely with design, development, and business partners during all steps of research.
- Identify and troubleshoot UX problems (e.g. responsiveness).
- Conduct layout adjustments based on user feedback.
- Be responsible for the creation of designs, image recreations and optimizations, as well as video optimizations.
- Assist the Content Manager in uploading and bundling of content to be published on the platform using the in-house CMS platform.
- Translate insights from the field visits into measurable customer experience outcomes aligned with business goals.
- Gather and evaluate user requirements, in collaboration with product managers and engineers.
- Up-to-date knowledge of design software like Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- A keen eye for aesthetics and details.
- Effective time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to give and receive constructive criticism.
- Team spirit; strong communication skills to collaborate with various stakeholders.
- Good time-management skills.
- Portfolio of design projects.
- Strategic thinking with a good understanding and application of commercial principles and view of issues in terms of risks, markets, and added value.
- Strong planning and organizing skills to effectively manage and deliver on multiple deliverables; organize and schedule events; activities and resources and set up/monitor timescales and plans.
- Ability to plan and organize themself, to work in order to achieve objectives and targets, and to overcome obstacles and move forward.
Results and Achievement Oriented: Strives to achieve results, enjoys measuring others, being measured, and being judged on performance standards and those of others she leads.
Personal Ethics: Proactive, confident, energetic, and able to work under pressure with a positive attitude.
Negotiation Skills: Must be a good negotiator, particularly in changing behaviour and work practices but always win/win.
Communication and Interpersonal Skills: Excellent written and verbal communication skills (articulate) coupled with good listening and critical reasoning skills.
Human Resources Management Skills: Leadership skills, team building, organizational skills and ability to train, develop, and mentor staff and lead motivated teams.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “UX Research Intern”
P.O Box 27178-00100
2nd Floor, Bishop Magua Centre,
George Padmore Lane