Software Quality Assurance EngineerAugust 28, 2019
The QA engineer role plays an important part in BRCK’s product development process. Our ideal candidate will be responsible for conducting tests before product launches to ensure software runs smoothly and meets the requirements, while being cost-effective. If you have a QA background and enjoy providing end-to-end solutions to software quality problems, we’d like to meet you.
Ultimately, you should monitor all stages of software development to identify and resolve system malfunctions to meet quality standards.
You will be working with our small, but immensely capable team of software developers and QA Engineers to implement BRCK’s vision of connecting people in frontier markets.
This role reports directly to the QA Manager, and works closely with the Software Engineering team.
- Review requirements, specifications and technical design documents to provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Create detailed, comprehensive and well-structured test plans and test cases
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts using open source tools
- Identify, record, document thoroughly and track bugs
- Perform thorough regression testing when bugs are resolved
- Develop and apply testing processes for new and existing products to meet client needs
- Liaise with internal teams (e.g. developers and product managers) to identify system requirements
- Monitor debugging process results
- Investigate the causes of non-conforming software and train users to implement solutions
- Track quality assurance metrics, like defect densities and open defect counts
- Stay up-to-date with new testing tools and test strategies
Skills and Experience
- A Bachelor’s degree with a major in Information Technology, Computer Science, or Engineering, or a related field or equivalent experience;
- Minimum of 3 years proven work experience in testing/QA;
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools and processes;
- Experience in writing clear, concise and comprehensive test plans and test cases;
- Hands-on experience with automated testing tools;
- Experience with performance and/or security testing is a plus;
- Must have experience working in an Agile software development environment (scrum preferred) including design, testing, deployment, maintenance of test scripts and documentation activities;
- Skilled in QA system development and monitoring;
- Excellent knowledge of Software Development Lifecycle;
- Internal and external client-focused attitude with excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Attention to detail and accuracy;
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills with the ability to clearly communicate and share solutions with fellow team members;
- Strong interpersonal and technical skills;
- A team player, self-starter, and quick learner.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Software Quality Assurance Engineer”