Software Engineer (Full Stack)October 12, 2017
BRCK, the new standard in rugged communication devices, is looking for a full stack engineer to join their team in Nairobi, Kenya. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter, with a passion for enabling communication globally. We have very ambitious plans and we are looking for someone that can share our vision, and take BRCK products to the next level.
The BRCK development group, made of world-class mechanical, electrical and software engineers is based in Nairobi, Kenya, fostering a new age of hardware development on the continent. While we would prefer local applicants, international applicants willing to make a transition to Kenya are invited to apply as well.
For the role of Software Engineer we are looking for someone that is a solid all round developer, mostly focused on cloud / mobile applications, with the ability to understand the inner workings of a Linux operating system or microprocessor code. BRCK is looking for someone to join our team to build software both on the cloud and on device to enable smart offline caching, distributed application development to enable next generation of connectivity in Africa.
Skills and Requirements
- Formal education is encouraged, but your skills will be judged on their own accord.
- Minimum of 3 years writing commercial quality software for cloud based applications
- Demonstrated experience developing production software of a high quality and reliability.
- Experience with modern software development techniques for both cloud and mobile applications.
- Agile/SCRUM experience, working in high cadence teams
Optional Skills and Experience
- Experience with Python and Ruby on Rails is preferable, but not required
- C/C++ commercial experience is preferable.
- A strong interest in software architecture and new development techniques is a plus.
Priority will be given to individuals with a proven track record of pushing the envelope, thinking creatively and a passion for global communication.
This role will be based in the BRCK Design office in Nairobi, Kenya. This is a fixed location role, as you’ll be working with real hardware and real people.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Software Engineer (Full Stack)”