Front-End React Developer
We are looking for a front-end react developer who is motivated to combine the art of design with the art of programming. Responsibilities will include translation of the UI/UX design wireframes to actual code that will produce visual elements of the application. You will work with the UI/UX designer and bridge the gap between graphical design and technical implementation, taking an active role on both sides and defining how the application looks as well as how it works.
- Develop new user-facing features.
- Write clean code and automated tests.
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs.
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability.
- Assure that all user input is validated before submitting to back-end.
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders.
Skills and Qualifications
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5 and CSS3.
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms, such as LESS and SASS.
- Proficient understanding of front-end frameworks such as Foundation and Bootstrap.
- Good understanding of React framework. Angular is a plus.
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX.
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image. Familiarity with tools such as Photoshop is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Proficient understanding of code versioning tools, such as Git.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that applications will adhere to them.
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject “Front-End React Developer.”
P.O Box 27178-00100
2nd Floor, Bishop Magua Centre,
George Padmore Lane