BRCK Labs Internship
BRCK has just launched BRCK Labs – our internal R&D department! Are you looking for a challenge? Want to push your skills and launch your career? Then keep reading! After ruggedized edge servers, groundbreaking educational products, novel LTE deployments, and disruptive internet access models, what’s next? Join BRCK Labs and help us answer that question!
Why BRCK & Why BRCK Labs?
BRCK is an African team of software developers, engineers, and technologists. BRCK has a strong track record of innovating in Kenya where all our products are designed and prototyped. BRCK continues to expand our Moja network. Please review all the excellent opportunities involved with that endeavor!
At the same time, BRCK wants to investigate other opportunities within Kenya. That is where BRCK Labs comes in. We are tasked with pursuing other applications of technology whether it is IOT, power, medical, fintech, or something else!
BRCK Labs Interns report to the BRCK Labs GM, under the direction of the CTO. BRCK Labs is tasked with developing new products, large and small, with input from the BRCK Executive and Commercialization teams.
The internships run for the 3 months starting in January, April, July, and Oct (each calendar quarter) though we can be flexible on dates to accommodate school schedules and life.
- Use your amazing skills in hardware, software, or even management to develop disruptive products for frontier markets.
- Whatever your skills are, we probably need them and can help you develop them. But you need to bring the personality!
- Excellent team player, while also being incredibly independent. If you can’t work with other top-notch engineers or need to be micromanaged, don’t bother applying.
- Proven track record of a passion for engineering and being disruptive. We are looking for young players who are in school or beginning their career. At the same time, you should have a portfolio of projects that demonstrate not only technical aptitude but out-of-the-box critical thinking.
- Communication and organization are a must. BRCK Labs is a small group with a lot of things going on. You need to independently communicate your progress and organize the next steps in your work.
- Results oriented. You are not going to be micromanaged. When you encounter obstacles, we are all here to help you overcome them (see Communication above!) but you need to lead the charge.
How to apply
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with “Labs Intern” in the subject line.
P.O Box 27178-00100
2nd Floor, Bishop Magua Centre,
George Padmore Lane